Saturday, March 7, 2009

Darcy and Me

I was going to put a picture up of Darcy that showed how sick she was. I only have one because she didn’t want any pictures because of how badly she looked. There is only one in existence because she did it for one of the grandkids, Maddie.

But when Bennet was here and going through some of her things I found a set of very old photos. This picture of us is from January 1986. I can pinpoint the time exactly because it was when my sister Wendy and Earl got married and I know they did it on my mom’s birthday, January 10.

We had only been dating a few months and she hadn’t even moved in yet, although I think she did not long after the picture was taken. It was kind of a gradual process. But we got Nikko, the World’s Best Cat, in April that year and had been living together for a bit before then.

I think this is the first picture of her I’ve put on the web. I thought it should be a good one, not one of a courageous person ravaged by disease.

1 comment:

BEAST FCD said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Losing a loved one is not easy, and while I am tempted to tell you that she's in a better place, I don't think it will not do you an ounce of good since we both know that an afterlife essentially does not exist.

Just be strong. That's all I want to say.

Peace
Beast FCD
www.atheisthaven.blogspot.com