Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Beer Monster

The weirdest thing happened today, Bennet was sent an email from a movie studio with a picture of one of my old T-shirts done for STS Graphics in 1986. It’s for a TV pilot that takes place in the 80’s and they wanted to get some authentic clothes for that era. I don’t know how they found this one, doesn’t look like it’s ever been worn or washed.

To make it clear, I was working for STS back then as art director, that company went out of business in the early 90’s. One of the owners decided to re-open a screen printing shop about 5 years ago with the same name. Bennet is my step-son and also the production manager for this new STS Graphics. I work for them on a freelance basis.

What a blast from the past this was. You can see the copyright in the bottom right, which is how we know the date of the art. You can also see my signature just to the right of the beer keg running up the side. This was even done BC - Before Computers, which means all the art was done by hand.

No comments: