Monday, October 5, 2009

FALL

The season of dreamsImage by Sabby3000 via Flickr

Today I was cold when I got up this morning. Ahhh that felt so good. We’ve had heat waves here in So Cal all through August and September to the point where everyone was more than ready for Fall to arrive.

And it did that today. The cats started making use of the kitty heat pad. Really a nice little device, a heating pad that is well cushioned and doesn’t come on until there is pressure on it and then it only gets warm where the pressure is. So it can be plugged in all the time and the cats can use it when they want.

They will need it with just me in the house. I don’t turn on a heater until ice is starting to form and then only because that level of cold can be depressing, not because I feel cold.

My nickname of the Bear is apt.

And today I also wore pants and shoes with socks for the first time in 3 months. Feels weird. That is one of the few things I like about Summer - being able to wear shorts and sandals all the time, but for the most part I hate the heat. I really don’t need the pants and shoes and socks because I don’t get cold but it’s cold enough today that people would look at me funny if I wore the shorts and sandals.

It's too bad Fall doesn't look like that picture above but the only change here is that the temp goes from a high of 90 to a high of 75. In the winter it will go down to 65. There have been some really cold winters where the highs were in the 50's. You should hear people whine when that happens.

Southern Californians have no idea of what a real winter feels like.

No comments: