Friday, March 30, 2007

Fire In Hollywood

Normally fires in Southern California are no big deal, off in the boondocks somewhere where no one I know has ever lived. This time it was just north of the Hollywood sign. This picture is practically the view from my window in my old apartment, my view would have been a bit more to the left but just about the same size of the Hollywood sign.

I used to live on the corner of Cahuenga (pronounced cah-when-ga) and Franklin, which is 2 blocks north of Hollywood Blvd. The fire is in the Cahuenga Pass which was just up the rode from me. Just surprised me to see it even though it's been about 28 years since I lived there. Living in Hollywood was lots of fun, if I was bored I just had to walk down to Hollywood Blvd and take a stroll and look at all the weirdos. That was especially great fun on Halloween.

No comments: