Monday, April 21, 2008

My Vote's for Obama (if I could vote) ...by Michael Moore

On Michael Moore's website he has a letter about why he is supporting Obama over Clinton. It's a damn good letter and I agree with him 100%.
There are those who say Obama isn't ready, or he's voted wrong on this or that. But that's looking at the trees and not the forest. What we are witnessing is not just a candidate but a profound, massive public movement for change. My endorsement is more for Obama The Movement than it is for Obama the candidate.

That is not to take anything away from this exceptional man. But what's going on is bigger than him at this point, and that's a good thing for the country. Because, when he wins in November, that Obama Movement is going to have to stay alert and active. Corporate America is not going to give up their hold on our government just because we say so. President Obama is going to need a nation of millions to stand behind him.

It's an interesting notion that he is voting for Obama The Movement. I wouldn't say I really thought it out that clearly myself but some of that has been in the back of my mind that influenced my support for Obama. But this next segment is even more telling:
Finally, I want to say a word about the basic decency I have seen in Mr. Obama. Mrs. Clinton continues to throw the Rev. Wright up in his face as part of her mission to keep stoking the fears of White America. Every time she does this I shout at the TV, "Say it, Obama! Say that when she and her husband were having marital difficulties regarding Monica Lewinsky, who did she and Bill bring to the White House for 'spiritual counseling?' THE REVEREND JEREMIAH WRIGHT!"

This is something I have been pissed off about for some time. How dare Hillary attack Obama over Rev. Wright when Bill called him in as a spiritual advisor back in the 90's. Read the whole letter, it will be worth your while.

No comments: