Sunday, August 5, 2007

Carnival of the Godless!

Carnival of the Godless is a wonderful little post on Atheist Revolution that has links to quite a few blogs writing about atheism. It's a real treasure trove that could take quite a while to get through. I have to thank PZ Myers of Pharyngula for the link. I usually don't like leaving comments on blogs but I felt compelled to leave some on his earlier postings and he will now be a regular for me on Google Reader.
___________________________

Another good post can be found at Rationally Speaking, a blog by Massimo Pigliucci, talking about the presidential abuse of power in American. We owe a great debt to Washington for refusing to be king. At the end of the revolution many wanted him crowned but he refused, at the end of his 2 terms as president the public cry was, once again, for him to be king. His comment was “I did not battle George the III all those years just to become George I.” Without his great humility we might never have been a democracy. But he was also the first president to invoke Presidential Privilege, which was not mentioned in the constitution when they drew up the blueprint of presidential powers.

No comments: